Sunday, March 23, 2008

Things #21 - Podcasts / Vidcasts

Podcasts are a crucial part of how I manage my information gathering and listening. I'd never get to listen to many shows that I like if it wasn't for podcases. A few of my regular podcasts: The Emergent Podcast (if you listen to this one you will hear my darling husband. He is the producer of this podcast), Wait Wait Don't Tell Me from NPR, and the EdTechLive podcast.

I'm also going to add NPR's Fresh Air to my list b/c I am frequently being told to go there and listen to something.

I think podcasts and vidcasts could be great tools for our students. I am currently teaching an elective on PhotoStory 3.0 and am going to add podcasting the stories as an option for the students. Some of the stories are going to be submitted to the documentary contest we are having this spring. I am pondering how to use podcasts in science class. I think that some students would love to learn via podcasts and some would love to create podcasts / vidcasts about things they know or would like to know more about. This could be a really interesting way to extend learning. Exciting!!

Here is my vidcast. It's from my PhotoStory 3 class.

Darn. It didn't load. I'll try again later.

1 comment:

VWB said...

it might be a format issue....sometimes the default save is wp3...it needs to be wmv