Sunday, March 23, 2008

Thing #22 - Nings

Wow. What another great resource. I've already posted a few links to del.icio.us and will spend a lot more time exploring some of the nings out there. I saw some great teacher communities. I think this could be a great tool within districts for teachers working from the same curriculum who never get to see each other face to face. I also love the idea of exposing the students to as many people outside our 'neighborhood' as possible. Helping them understand the idea of community as virtual as well as local is huge. I also found a syllabus for a course on 21st Century Skills by Randy Rivers at Northeast Junior High School. What a great idea!! He's incorporated lots of really good concepts into one course - technology, personal responsibility for learning, soft skills, etc. I plan to keep up with his reflections on this pilot course.

No comments: