Monday, March 3, 2008

Thing #15 - Library 2.0

Some of my favorite librarians are K at RCE and T at BHE. I greatly admire the way they have both embraced technology in the name of engaging the students in learning. I am continually impressed with their abilities to apply technology tools to the world of elementary learning. My two girls love their time in the library whether doing research, PGP activities, or just learning about a topic from Ms. Holley and her Smartboard.

In middle school, I am continually impressed by the proficiency of the students with technology. They just know this stuff. I'm more convinced than ever that one of our primary jobs as educators (whether teachers or librarians) is to help students learn to use the web successfully - tell good content from bad, how to build healthy networks, and to facilitate and ask good questions as we let them explore all that is at their fingertips.

I love that video from KSU. It's the real world for our students. Let's stop talking to them.

1 comment:

Book Nook Girl said...

Thanks for the compliment! Your two girls are fun to teach! I like your blog!
TJH