Sunday, March 23, 2008

Thing #23 - The End

What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?
I really enjoyed learning some new things - like Nings and the image generator. I also enjoyed having an excuse to spend some time searching on tools I already use regularly. I found some cool things on TeacherTube, have been much better about posting on del.icio.us, am tagging more, and am just spending more time envisioning how to incorporate technology into my daily classroom activities.

How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?
This program has encouraged me to use some of my 'home' tools in my 'school' life. It has also shown me that there is more of an interest in and network around technology in school than I knew before now.

Were there any take-a-ways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?
I learned that I still don't get Technorati and I don't understand Rollyo. I don't think I'm in a technology rut but I found I was more resistant to searching out new tools than I thought I would be. I tend to work with what I've got, I guess. My husband usually prompts me to try something new.

What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept?
I can't think of a thing to improve at the moment. I liked the timing, the freedom with guidance and suggestions, and the encouragement. It was very nice to see so many SBISD folks participating. That makes me very hopeful for the future of our students (my kids included).

If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you choose to participate?
Absolutely

How would you describe your learning experience in ONE WORD or in ONE SENTENCE, so we could use your words to promote 23 Things learning activities?
One sentence: 23Things is a great introduction to the 2.0 Web! One Word: Fun!!

One of the things I most enjoyed about this activity was talking about it with my colleagues at school. Quite a few of us are participating and helping each other through the activities. It is one more connection we have and gives us a chance to talk about technology (which I love to talk about).

I would like to spend a lot more time looking at the tools and links and communities I've learned about during this activity. Maybe this summer I'll be able to spend some time doing that. Too much to do in the spring. I hope the website stays up so the links are still active.

2 comments:

VWB said...

Congratulations on completing your technology adventure!
Hope you will keep your blog going and let us all see what you are doing!

VWB said...

P.S. You can count on the website staying up!