Monday, March 3, 2008

Thing #14 - Technorati and tagging

Technorati scares me. I could get lost in the web and not emerge for about 3.5 weeks if I get too far into Technorati. Even just losing a few hours at this point is too much. I love tags and feel like they are a great resource for organizing my own items. Using other people's tags leads to a lot of looking and a little bit of finding for me, in my experience. That said, it's way fun to search tags and then link from those blogs/sites/etc. and see where you end up. Fascinating stuff.

I found 1,188 blog posts for school library learning 2.0 and only 9 hits in tags.

In the main part of Technorati - yuck - too much celebrity gossip and sports nonsense. Who cares?????? I'd heard of Technorati because of the ranking system. Some people pay way too much attention to their ranking. But if they are trying to support themselves through their blogs, I guess that matters.

No comments: