Friday, December 14, 2007

Thing #6 - Mashups and add-ons, oh my

Wow. I knew that lots of folks were using Flickr's open source API to generate new applications but I had no idea there were so many cool tools available.

I'd love to make trading cards of all the teachers and students at our school. Somehow, we could use them as prizes or to generate teamwork. "The first class to find Mrs. So-and-So this week and bring her to the office wins a prize." Or the first group to build a set of all of the 7th graders wins something. (Middle schoolers love to win food).

The mosaics seem like fun too. I'm a scrapbooker and am always looking for new ideas. I'm trying to get into digital scrapbooking but am finding it hard to decide to take the time to learn it.

fd's Flickr toys seems like a great site. I've posted that link to my del.icio.us.

I could use some new motivational posters in my class. I've got a few ideas and may try one to see how it turns out. I'm thinking about "T-H-I-N-K before you speak".

Mosaic maker, jigsaw, Warholizer, and billboard are also inspiring a bunch of ideas. Lots to ponder from this Thing.

3 comments:

VWB said...

there are just so many fun things available, aren't there? You said something about wanting to create some signs...have you seen this resource?
http://alibraryisalibrary.blogspot.com/2007/11/7416-typogenerator-making-graphics-fun.html

Barry said...

I can already tell you will be hard to keep up with. You know a lot already and are definitely a learner. I have enjoyed reading your posts to this point and look forward to more. I hope you add some comments to the other players’ blogs. It will be interesting to follow your insights. Welcome to play.

Nice Guy said...

Anyone can try out digital scrapbooking for free @ http://www.ScrapbookGenerator.com (no software, no cost, no signup, no mess). Just upload a photograph, choose a template layout and add some 3D WordArt.

There's also photo mashups!